11:08 Posted by Mc Dewey Lacapag
There are quite a few tutorials out there that show how to create tabs with CSS and jQuery. However, most of them require you to modify your blog template codes. On top of that you also have to manually add the content of each tab.
Fortunately, with this creation it made easy for all of us to create list of tabs widget, you can add this many times in yor sidebar, it will transform your Blogger blog’s existing widgets into tabs, automatically!
Below are some of the features of the tab content box:
- Accommodates unlimited number of widgets.
- Keeps the tabbed widgets’ original appearance.
- Go to Layout and click an Add A Gadget.
- Leave the title box blank.
- Copy the code below and paste it inside the content box.
- (OPTIONAL)Remove Jquery script if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has a slider, cycler or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery.
- Tabcount is set to 3 if you want you can specify the value of
tabCount. This value equals the number of widgets (underneath the tabber widget) that you want to turn into tabs.
- The default box background color is white (#fff). You can change it whatever you want. Apply the same color for the active tab’s background and bottom border if you want.
- Click Save and view your blog.
- Make sure you title each widget that you want to tabify. Tabber won’t work properly without widget titles.
- Reduce tab widths so that all tabs fit into a single row. This can be achieved by using short widget titles.
- You may need to reduce the widths of the tabified widgets to fit them into the box.
- Don’t forget to test in Internet Explorer. This widget may cause “Operation aborted” error in IE for some non-designer templates. If that’s the case, this widget is not for you :(