Namecheap is widely used web hosting and domain name provider which is being used by millions of people. It is listed in top 10 best web hosting providers and the big advantage of this is YOU CAN USE PAYPAL in purchasing you domain which is not availble in other brands. On the other side, Blogger is famous in best blogging platforms. It allows you to built about hundred blogs in a single account.
You can use free sub domain forever in your blog but if you’re interested in removing .blogspot.com and place only .com there then you will need to buy the domain name from any web hosting service like Namecheap, Godaddy and Hostgator.
There are many reasons why you should buy a custom domain for blogs. If you have bought any custom domain from Namecheap.com and want to set in with your Blogger blog then this article along with tutorial is specially for you because here we’re going to learn that how can we setup custom domain in Blogger with Namecheap.
To Start go to www.namecheap.com and purchase the domain you want.
- First of all make sure that you’ve purchased a domain from Namecheap and You’re easily accessing your domain. If you’ve not purchased then do it now and then follow the simple steps below.
- Go To Blogger >> Settings
- Click on +Add a Custom Domain
- Go To Switch To Advanced Settings
- Now a Box Will Appear Where You Have To Enter The Domain. [i.e : www.yourdomain.com]
- After Entering The Domain, Click “Save” Button and Then You Will See The Error Like The Below Image.
- In The Above Error, They Are Asking To Verify Your Domain. They Have Given Two CName Records Which I’ve Mentioned in The Above Image, You Have To Add These CName Records In Your Domain in Order To Verify It. Simply Follow Below Steps.
- Open New Tab in Browser and Go To Namecheap
- Login Into Your Account and Go To Manage Domains.
- Open Your Domain There and Go To “All Host Records” From The Left Side Menu.
- Now Here You Have To Create Two CNAME Records.
- In The Second Row, You Can See That First Column (Host Column) is Having www, in The Second Column (IP Address/URL Column) Put ghs.google.com, in The Third Column (Record Type Column) Select CNAME(Alias) and Set TTL as 1800.
- Now Come Down at The Sub Domain Settings
- Here In The First Row, Fill First Column With Little Code Which Is Placed Blogger at Left Side Below www, Second Column With Long Code Which Is Below ghs.google.com in Blogger, Choose CNAME(Alias) In The Record Type and The Last Set TTL as 1800.
- Now Make Sure That You’ve Done Correctly and Also Confirm It By Seeing The Below Image.
- After Adding CNAME Records Carefully Now Save Your Records By Pressing The “Save Settings” Button At The Bottom Of Page.
- Now Open The Blogger Tab and Also Press Save Button There.
- You’re Almost Done But One Little Thing Is Remaining Which Redirecting yourdomain.com to www.yourdomain.com. This is Really Important and Not so Difficult.
- Just Refresh The Blogger >> Settings Page and Click “Edit” In Your Domain Setting.
- Now a Check Box Will Appear Like The Image Below, So Just Tick it and Hit “Save” Button.
Do you want to improve you site? Register now to NameCheap