I am talking a lot about Alexa in the past and I realized I have missed out the most basic and yet useful tutorial here and that is how you can submit blogs to Alexa. Usually, Alexa pick a new domain itself but it’s always a good idea to submit your site yourself and claim your ownership. This way, you can add more details to your Blog alexa profile and make it look more professional.
There are controversies behind Alexa ranking, but I believe like many other website ranking tool, Alexa is one of the standard and we have to make sure that we get good listing and ranking on Alexa. So this, beginner guide will help you to get started with submission and claiming your site.
Here are the steps which you have to perform to submit your Blogs in alexa.
1. Visit Alexa.com and create an account.
2. You can create new account but if you don’t want to sign up then you can also log in with your facebook account.
3 .Now go to alexa site owner page.
4. Now enter your blog/website domain name and click on Claim Your Site button as shown in below screenshot.
5 .On the next page you will get all the plans and prices that alexa offers. As being a blogger I recommend you to choose Free plan. Click on Sign Up button under “Free Plan”.
6. Once you click on sign up button, on the next page you will see two verification options. FOR BLOGGERS USE OPTION 2
7. If you are a blogspot user then choose Option 2 and add a meta tag in your blog template.
Go to Template (on the left side of your blogger) – > click Edit HTML
8. Place the Code after/below <head>
9. After adding meta tag in your blog, save it, go back to alexa and click on “Verify my ID” button.
10. If everything is right, you will receive a confirmation message like below picture.
11. Click on continue to add your site details. Fill all the details like your site title and description, alexa rank in country and fill your public contact information.
You are done!
Adding new site/blog
If you want another blog to be added just click add site below.
This is to submit and claim your blogs to Alexa and this is also one way of increasing your rank at the same time creating a back link from their site. I will soon publish ways on how to increase your Alexa rank, so try to subscribe from now on.. Good luck!
I hope you enjoy it and comment below for your response.